MakeDaysCount - Herfstvakantie, Obernberg-Austria

Everything was too beautiful to put entirely everything into words. Perhaps the pictures will speak better.

We started our journey to Austria on Friday evening. It was a long journey. On Friday night, we had a night over in the ibis budget hotel in Germany. It was a cozy hotel.
Emelie has a thing for soft toys too HEHE 


Putting on clothes for the soft toys :P LOL

On Saturday morning, we continued our journey after the breakfast. At 3pm we hoped on the Obernberg, Austria land. It was probably also my first time coming into contact with the wonderful God's works - Nature! I was astounded by the surrounding hills, mountains and greenery.

This was the view from my room's window. It was my first time in real seeing mountains coated with white snows.

Surrounding views from the vacation house we stayed.

Told you it's about God's works and nature !




On the first night, we had our dinner in an Italy restaurant. OH MY GOD! My first time having the whole pizza to myself. The pizza was even bigger than my face! But......I gobbled them all to my stomach! I was super full, could hardly moved myself after that.

Pizza all to myself ^^


We went for a hike up to Maria Waldrast. It was a nice weather and a good hike. Warm sun during this time of the year, you don't always get that hence appreciating and enjoying every warm sun moment.
Layered myself like a big fat potato cause it was freezing cold at the bottom of the hill but as we hike the sun came shining HOT

And the hike began ......
With Robbe ( host cousin brother ) - the good and fast climber

Panaroma of the beautiful landscape 


My first hike in Austria - Maria Waldrast 

Maria Waldrast 1663 m high :)

Took a drink after the exhausting hike ( water + syrup ) 

First time with the hiking sticks ( you don't need this for hiking in Penang :P ) haha 


On the way down, we found spot at where the warm sun shone. Sat down and had
lunch :)

Emelie & Marthe


Photo credits to host dad 

After the hike, we drove up to a few beautiful and magnificent places with snowsssss (hard snow = ice ; not the ones usable for building snowmans ; but still my first time )


1580m high 
Feels like a kid for the first time in contact with this amount of snow 





We then stopped by for tea time before heading back home. 

Mohr Im Hemd ( Chocolates, ice cream and cream ) + a cup of hot chocolate
Tell me how to not get fat :/

Got some refreshment and then headed out for dinner. It's about good and yummy food but super big portion for me HAHA
Grillteller : Too full to stuff all the fries in my stomach, sorry fries! 

From the minute I arrived in Austria all I've seen were the houses were built along the hillsides and on the hills. It was rather a different touch from what I've always been seeing in Belgium. The houses are surrounded with wide green field with cows, horses surrounding it.
We then visited the city Centrum. It was 'back to normal'. Houses were built on the flat land and more cars and humans on the streets.From dot to dot, places to places were never near. It never takes less than 30 minutes.(well that's at least what I thought sitting in the car and got my legs numb each time getting out of the car HEHE ) The journey were always long BUT the landscapes were always amazing and brilliant !
Stopped by for a photo with the bridge :)
Host papa was the photographer !
View of the city----- busier

Ski Jumping
We visited the Olympic Winter Games Stadium 



We visited Innsberg, Centrum and Primark (shop with cheap clothing)






SO BEAUTIFUL THAT I CAN'T EVEN GET OVER IT

Autumn in Austria ! 

 A part of Austria which was conquered by Italy during the world war, Brixen (in German) / Bressanone ( in Italy) is now a part of Italy. We visited there on the forth day. It was indeed another beautiful city. First, was finding restaurant for lunch. It was so difficult to find a restaurant with reasonable price and with table of eight. Can't remember how exactly we ended up sitting in a spot and GUESS WHAT it was a wifi spot !
It took us some time to settle in a restaurant for lunch. Surprise ! It's a Chinese Restaurant haha ! I had Wan Tan soup and Curry Chicken Fried Rice !
Here was the WIFI SPOT 
Wan Tan Soup 
Curry Chicken Fried Rice !


A church 












Tea time ! We stopped for a drink .

Latte Macchiatto ! Coffee a must in Italy !

 More walking ! To the Obernberg Zee!


It was a approximately 20 minutes walk from the car park to the ObernbergZee
It was more beautiful during the summer. Due to winter, the amount of water has shrink tremendously according to my host uncle.
After visiting the Obernberg Zee, we had another walk at the opposite side from it. Took a little walk to a rocky 'small hill' to find STONES. Crystal stones. Robbe, Marthe and Emelie had got plastics of them but no I don't HAHA ! But I do got some from them !


Chilling
The-8-of-us
On the way back to the carpark Find this wonderful. Spot the squirrel !
Besides eating out in the restaurant, we do prepare ourselves with the scrumptious FOOD !

In Action !


Gourment :)
One of the best desert you could ask for !


It was a memorable and pleasant vacation with all of them ! They made everything better ! Everyday I discover and explore something new, something strange but of course interesting ! 



Thank you so much for the wonderful memories !


With loves
Jiami

Comments