MakeDaysCount-My First Month

I have put off writing this post for far too long. I think deep down it has taken this long to fully soak in and for me to comprehend what that day meant to me and what I have encountered in the last month.
At the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

My feelings started even before the flight touched down at the foreign land. I had experienced the longest flight delay in Kuala Lumpur International Airport, sitting on a 13- hours- flight alone, transiting alone, and another flight delay at the Frankfurt Airport. By the time the AFS volunteer welcomed me at the Brussels International airport, I was exhausted and tired. Then, I arrived at the Arrival Campsite, most of the countries came in GANG, ( example the Italians , Thailands ….)They are like oceans. We (Alice and I) were the only ones from Malaysia (but we were on a different flight due to some problems from the airlines). Feeling like a loner and the odd one, I went through the camp. Finally the day (23 August), I was feeling anxious yet excited to meet my host family after having in contact with them through FB. We had a presentation in front of the host families (a dance and a simple self -introduction in Dutch). It was funny yet fun.
Carlotta ( friend from Italie )
I had a long-delayed flight , she had her baggage missing. (The baggage was sent to her host family in the end , she was totally relieved ) 

I was really delighted and glad to see my mama, papa, sister and brother to welcome me at the place. After all the things I had gone through, I had tears of joy in my eyes when I received warm hugs from the family. ‘WELCOME TO OUR HOME’ printed on the door of my room, a simple yet heart- warming card prepared by my sister. I feel the love from HOME again after the long and exhausting weekend. Home has been good and awesome. I enjoy every moment at home even though it is just sitting on the sofa, day dreaming at the corner of the house. 
Picture was missing with Wouter, Inesa and Jannes.

Then goes the school, place I fear most. I walked in the school with mama and papa on the first day (1 September) and thinking ‘What should I do if I don’t make any friends today?’ But I remember back in Malaysia they said it’s not going to be fun in school until you make it fun. I’m glad to have the friends I have now. (Especially the SETAs & BIs, not to forget the table mates for warm meals in school) You guys have made my days brighter by letting me join in your talks and funs. Every day reading textbooks and workbooks in Dutch except English, German and French is tiring, running the hallways trying to catch another lesson isn’t a thing in Malaysia. (MOST IMPORTANT: Swimming is not a lesson in MALAYSIA. Cycle to swimming pool, swim and cycle back with *Belgium weather* now. You get yourself drench wet if it rains). Nearly doze off during classes yet you are not allowed to sleep. The students rushed into the class just to get good seats (of course not the front row ) and I am like ‘ok, whom shall I sit with today’. It’s been tough seeing how your classmates giggles and laughs and chit-chat with their friends and I’m missing my best butttt at home. (Buddy, you reading this? I miss our night talks) School has still been tough for me but I’m trying hard. UGH JIA MI BUCK UP YOUR DUTCH LIKE NOWWWWW
My classmates. Smallest class that I've ever been in. ( 9 students ) 

I love my Mondays and Fridays although is a super -long- tiring- day 'cause I get to meet the awesome BRUGGE PEOPLE (BEST CHAPTER YOH) and of course LILY! FRIDAYS -COOKIES- DAYS heart emoticon
Beyond these, I swear I’m having the best time of my life. I love my home and family here (little Emelie, I’m coming to get you !) They are really God’s gift for me!


Loves, 
Jiami

Comments