MakeDaysCount - My Life in a year

It has been 10 months. An amazing, unforgettable, heart-warming...... gap year. I remembered counting my days to meeting my new family and starting my new life. I remembered doing the same things, bid farewell and collected as many memories as I could before leaving my comfort zone. All was 10 months ago. It seemed like yesterday.

Time flies. I can't even describe my feelings in words. But all I know is that, this year was and is no regrets. All I could say is that my feeling now was my feeling 10 months ago, but stronger. The family whom has taken me in even when I was still a stranger to them. All they know about me was through my application form. They welcomed me with open arms. They taught me things that I never knew, taught me the first-experiences, helped me and love me. They made me feel the love even this far from home.

I remembered how we started our conversation. From e-mail to Facebook. They introduced themselves via Facebook. Told me what they like to do and not. Their hobbies. Their interests. Their little bit of family routines. But all this wasn't real until you experienced it yourselves.

We started talking to each other using English and most of the time google translate helped us. (Google can sometimes have the most terrible translation) As days and months passed by, I blended well. The conversations on the table, I could understand and I tagged along. I realized I'm speaking their language. I understand them. I was overjoyed that I no longer have to pretend I understand and giving the awkward nods and smiles.

Good times. Bad times. All these makes the year special.

10 months. I counted the months, the weeks, then the days, three digits to two digits to one digit. Now that I'm left only with hours. I hope the time could go slower. I packed my things and realized there are too much to pack. 10 months of memories and people I've met and experiences I've encountered, how should I make them fit in one luggage?

Not a goodbye but a see you again.
I remind myself, all I'm doing now, is leaving my another comfort zone, going back to my family whom I've missed for the last 10 months. Continued what I had to do. But deep inside my heart, I know there's another home awaits me. I have another home which contains another ocean of memories that rest in me.

My family Verlinde, I will miss you guys dearly.
My friends, I'll remember all the things we've done and gone through together.
Belgium, I'll be back soon.


Loves and greetings,
JiaMi
Malaysia
July 2016

Comments